Alesse birth control
Alesse birth control pill is used for preventing pregnancy. Alesse is a combination birth control pill. It works by preventing ovulation, altering the cervical mucus, and changing the lining of the uterus. Every pill of Alesse contains Levonorgestrel 0.15 mg and Ethinyloestradiol 0.3 mg.
Use Alesse as directed by your doctor.
- Take Alesse by mouth with or without food. If a stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Begin taking Alesse on the first Sunday following the start of your period, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. If your period begins on a Sunday, begin taking Alesse on that day. Try to take Alesse at the same time every day, not more than 24 hours apart. After taking the last pill in the pack, start taking the first pill from a new pack the very next day. Buy Alesse birth control pill online
- For Alesse to be effective it must be taken every day. Do not skip doses.
- If you miss a dose of Alesse and remember it on the same day, take it as soon as possible and go back to your regular dosing schedule. If you do not remember until the next day or if you miss more than 1 dose of Alesse, see the additional patient information leaflet that comes with Alesse or contact your doctor for further instructions. You may need to use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms). If you are not sure about how to handle missed doses of Alesse, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms) until you talk with your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Alesse.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Acne; breast tenderness or enlargement; changes in appetite; changes in sexual interest; changes in weight; dizziness; hair loss; headache; nausea; stomach cramps or bloating; unusual spotting or bleeding; vomiting. Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur: Alesse birth control
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breast discharge; breast lumps; calf or leg pain, swelling, or tenderness; change in amount of urine produced; change in vaginal secretions; changes in vision or speech; confusion; coughing of blood; crushing chest pain or heaviness in the chest; dark-colored urine; depression; difficulty sleeping; difficulty wearing contact lenses; fainting; fluid retention (swelling of the fingers and ankles); lack of energy; light-colored bowel movements; mental or mood changes; missed menstrual period; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; persistent headache or migraines; persistent or recurrent abnormal vaginal bleeding; persistent or severe dizziness; severe pain or tenderness in the stomach; shortness of breath; sudden partial or complete loss of vision; sudden severe headache or vomiting; tiredness; vaginal irritation or discharge; weakness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, Alesse birth control, contact your health care provider.
Store Alesse at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Alesse out of the reach of children and away from pets.